De Ploeg is an ensemble of factory building and park in Bergeijk, designed by architect Gerrit Rietveld and landscaper Mien Ruys. The factory was built in 1956-1959 as a weaving mill. After the original owner left, the building was empty for a few years, looking for a new function. Until the exhibition developer Bruns bought it to establish offices and workshops.
In one year, the National Monument has been completely refurbished. Diederendirrix, in collaboration with Atelier van Asseldonk designed the refurbishment. The park, which also has the same monumental status, is being renovated in accordance with the vison of Mien Ruys.
- Project location
- Start date
- October 2015
- End date
- December 2016
- Client category
- 8.000 m2
- Multifunctional Working Relaxing
- Type of contract
- Repurposing Renovation
- JW KaldenbachSerge TechnauNorbert van Onna
- Jorg Barten Tom Kuipers Rob Meurders Thorsten Schneider
Want to know more about this project?
Creative director/ Partner